The Jones Zone

1.27.2005

27: My Lucky Number

Why is this my lucky number? Because I was born on the 27th and coincidently, my parents were both born on the 27th (Nov. 27 & April 27th, respectively). I see 27 show up all the time throughout my life, like... my bank statement says I have exactly $27 dollars in my account right now or like I scored a 27 on my ACT (I am so smart...S M R T!) That's not true. I actually scored suprisingly well on my ACTs. Let's just say I have an IQ of 270. But seriously, I do see "27" pop up all the time in my life and what's ironic is I just felt like starting up my own blog today and it just so happens that today is the 27th. Coincidence? hmmm... What's even more ironic, or hypocritical, possibly even moronic, is that I was just expressing to some of my friends that I hate blogs because, in a way, they go against the very principle of having a personal diary. Diaries are for people to express their own thoughts on paper, kind of like an imaginary penpal/shrink. So the question that remains is: is a blog truly a diary anymore when you have other people read it? And then you get into things like: are people really expressing what they truly feel in their blogs or are they "blogging" to show off ie writing with the mindset that people are reading my blog and I have to make my blog as witty, funny, smart etc. as possible? Or are people just blogging because they simply have no one to talk to? So that got me thinking, "I have no one to talk to..." I guess that's what led me here. That and the fact that I have really important things to say so I thought I would do humanity a favor by dropping daily knowledge on all your punk asses...for free!

But back to the lecture at hand, my lucky number 27. OK, so I love poker. Some people, mainly all my family and friends, would say I have a "gambling problem." But that topic is for another time and place. If you don't know poker, I'm not going to explain it to you right now so don't waste my time. Go here to learn more, then come back and continue reading. Now, you will know that the worst starting hand in Texas Hold'em is Seven Deuce offsuit, which is often represented as 72 in poker literature. But I ask you, what number is that backwards? That's right, people. My lucky number, 27. I don't know if this is a sign of luck from the Poker Gods that I need to eventually go pro or if it's divine intervention from God warning me to not play this game, especially with no job. Either way, there is this tourney tonight and its the 27th so I like my odds. So stay tuned for the dramatic conclusion...

2 Comments:

  • I'm pretty sure the emergence of this blog is a sign of the apocalypse.

    By Blogger Admin, at 5:38 PM  

  • when you die at 27, can i have your pool stick?

    By Blogger noel, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home