The Jones Zone

2.14.2005

Valentine's Gay

Amongst all the prospects, I couldn't decide which lucky lady was going to get the dream date of her life. At the same time, I couldn't bare to break the bad news to each and every girl I was about to turn down. So instead, I chose to avoid the situation by accompanying my mom to a Valentine's Banquet hosted by the Filipino American Association of South DuPage. You may be wondering if I made the right choice. Does a night of old Filipino couples "Line-Dancing" answer your question? Since there was hardly anyone my age, I was left with no choice but to slam down a couple of scotch on the rocks to make the night a little more interesting. However, the alcohol wasn't enough to wash away the boredom so I decided to sit in the lobby and start making phone calls to friends I haven't talked to in forever.

On a happier note, it was very comforting to know that I was not the only one bored at the banquet that night. Shortly after I went out into the lobby, another person came out and sat on the couch opposite from me. His name is Brian. He's 5 & 1/2 years old and collects Yu-Gi-Yo! cards. Once we ran out of things to talk about, we just stared blankly at each other for a good 10 minutes. I've never wanted to shoot myself more than in that moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home